Read this text and see if you can answer the comprehension questions below. It's a real text from a real online newspaper - so don't worry if you can't understand every word. Try and see if you can capture the gist - that is to say, the general meaning and some of the detail.
Remember, if you visit a Spanish-speaking country, this is what you'll have to do anyway - learn how to survive without your teacher.
And if you'd like model answers to the questions themselves, why not sign up for our daily newsletter - where we'll also provide you with useful vocabulary!
- Is Pep Guardiola an actor? If not, why does the text mention the word?
- How frequently does Pep renew his contract?
- Who did this year's contract include - apart from Pep?
- When was it renewed?
- Who does Pep believe guarantees the stability of a football club?
- If the president of Barcelona, Sandro Rosell, has to think of ways of keeping on the right side of Pep, which player in particular does Pep himself have to think about keeping happy?
- Why do you think Pep doesn't like to sign up for more than a year at a time? Is he afraid of the future do you think? Or is it for some other reason?